Friday, October 2

[Media Invitation] More than just pies! Pies & Coffee launches new savoury hot meals


Was invited to a media tasting: More than just pies! Pies & Coffee launches new savoury hot meals‏!

Founded in 2011, the brand is known for its array of buttery, shortcrust pastries and robust coffee blends. With its cosy ambience and congenial vibe, Pies & Coffee makes an ideal address for family and friends to gather and enjoy tête-à-têtes.

Pies  &  Coffee  is proud to present a greater dining experience that extends beyond the enjoyment of pies! It has  added  several  marquee  mainstays  to  its  menu  and  now  promises  the  ultimate gastronomic experience.

Lobster Bisque Baked Rice

A flavourful dish that was nicely prepared together with flower crabs, prawns and slipper lobsters to bring out its own sweet taste.

Clam Chowder 

I  adore the richness of this soup that tasted not too salty nor blend. White clams are stir-fried with onions, carrots, potatoes, celeries and mixed herbs before fresh clam juice is added to the potpourri. It complement well with the nicely made crusty bread bowl.

Beef Cheek

This is definitely my favourite pie! I like the texture of the beef chunks that was tender and complement best with the crust!

Barbecue Chicken Pie in Beetroot Crust

If you are a fan of a BBQ flavour, I think you will adore this more than me. Personally, I thought the taste was slightly too flavourful and exotic for me. 

Croque Monsieur 

What could possibly go wrong with Mozzarella cheese, turkey ham and chicken! I adore this dish pretty much as a whole. A rather appetizing dish to try!

Curry Chicken Pot Pie 

A local dish with a twist! I thought that the presentation was creative and interesting. The curry itself was rather spicy that overpowered the overall taste. It could have been better if it was less spicy with a slight sweetness to enhance its flavour. 

Sticky Date Cake

The cake itself was served warm with a moist texture. It tasted good as it was not extremely sweet. It goes well with the ice-cream though I thought that it tasted slightly too sweet for me.

Rochester Mall
35 Rochester Drive
#01-02 Singapore 138639