Tuesday, May 12

If I Stay Collection Book Review


Mia is a very gifted cellist. She has everything she could ever want, a loving family, an adoring boyfriend, an amazing best friend, and an amazing career ahead of her in music. All of that changes suddenly. Mia and her family have a terrible car accident and Mia is rushed to the ICU. Mia is caught between life and death, and watches as family and friends come to visit her at the hospital she is in. Soon Mia realizes that she must make the most critical decision of her life - wake up to live a life more difficult than she ever could have imagined, or slip away and die.
_______________________________________

Finished reading If I Stay series, a novel by Gayle Forman. I liked the writing style of this author where it was presented simple and clear.

Personally, I felt that it was quite a good read with its refreshing love story. If I stay portrayed more of the background and happening of the characters whereas Where She Went focused on its story build up of what had happened in the past (Mia's accident) and in-between (Mia's disappearance).

Honestly, I was touched at a junction where I discovered Mia's decision to live on and her disappearance all got to do with Adam, her boyfriend.

The story flow well though I have to agree that some appear draggy. I thought that the finale was predictable and could have been more refined. However, while reading this novel, I could pictured its entire plot.

I shall catch the film - If I stay soon!

Ratings: 3.6/5