Wednesday, February 18

KIM JOO GUAN BAK KWA


Queued hours to grab Kim Joo Guan sliced pork bak kwa for family last week. Before purchasing, I did some research to decide which brand to buy this year! Thus, decided on Kim Joo Guan for its relatively good reviews and recommendation. 

Kim Joo Guan is located at South Bridge Road near Maxwell Food Centre. From credible sources, this only boutique outlet have supplied to five of the most notable Bak Kwa brands in Singapore for more than 30 years. They started to sell their Bak Kwa direct to the public 5 years ago.  

Personally, I felt that Kim Joo Guan bak kwa has a rather thick texture which was juicy and not too flavourful and tough as compared to other sliced pork bak kwa. This shall be one of the best Bak Kwa I have indulged.

Last year, I got Kim Peng Hiang pineapple bak kwa; it tasted alright but it was not as memorable as the above-mentioned. I shall try Kim Hwa Guan bak kwa if I have the chance as the good reviews attracted me too!

257 South Bridge Road Singapore 058806
Tel: +65 6225 5257
Opening Hours: 10am – 8pm