Saturday, January 24

Media tasting: Sakura International Buffet


I was invited to a media tasting: Sakura International Buffet at Yio Chu Kang on Thursday evening! Before the food tasting started, there was a spectacular lion dance performance celebrating its new concept and ambience for this particular outlet. 


The following below are some of the food served on a Dinner Buffet: 












As you can see above, there are many variety of food for consumers to choose and select from. It now offers buffet aficionados a brand new dining concept. With its eight new as well as rejuvenated counters, it aims to bring gourmands on an around the world food journey. You get to experience the best of what Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Thailand, the US, France and Singapore have to offer - all in one place!

Personally, the below-mentioned dishes were my favourite as I thought it stand out more as compared to the rest. 

Hiroshima Oyster Omelette - 
A nicely presented dish which served fresh Japanese oysters. 
Honestly, one of the better Oyster Omelette I have indulged. 


Sashimi - 
A fresh sliced sashimi with a nice presentation 
though I did prefer a bigger slice for better texture.

Portuguese Bird Nest Egg Tart - 
Crispy on its crust with a crumbly base and nourishing centre. 
Though it tasted slightly sweet for me but it is definitely one of the better ones I have eaten. 

Belgian Chocolate Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream with Chocolate Lava Cake -
It tasted pretty decent with a moist texture and flowing chocolate. 
It blends well with the ice-cream gave a punch to this dessert. 

Oh well, I think I did not manage to taste the Thai cuisine and some of the local ones that evening. I shall try it on my next visit. 

As compared to the previous time I visited, this newly revamp outlet certainly improved in terms of food selections and the conceptual layout. With that, I think it will attract more customers to visit this place.

Great to see familiar faces (bloggers) there! Great to mingle and make new friends! Grateful for this opportunity to be invited to this media tasting. Thanks Brand Cellar team & Suki Group for the invitation! (;

210 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9
Singapore 569777
Daily: 12:00 - 14:30
Daily: 18:00 - 21:30